Friday, April 28, 2017

stage lights


This week I had the opportunity to perform in the Claire for a MFA dance thesis. I've been lucky enough to have multiple performance opportunities in the dance department for the past three years, and while I've always been aware of the lights, I never paid much attention to their role in productions or where they're placed in the theater. From backstage, I was able to look at all of the lights and identify a fresnel lens, source4's, etc. etc., and from onstage I could see a greater difference in the various hues of each light, which light was turned on when, and how the lights changed to fit the emotion of each piece. As a performer, having a better understanding and appreciation for the lights and the role they played in the production made the whole experience more enriching.

No comments:

Post a Comment