Friday, April 14, 2017

Lighting through a Photograph

     I was familiar with light to an extend, at least through the photography aspect. I did portrait photography for 9 years. This particular shot was done for a photo shot of a friend of mine. In case you are wondering, its not Photoshop :). It was all done through the camera. This is call a double exposure shot. In order for this shot to work certain things have to be taken into account. One it has to be done in shadow. It can't be done in a lit place. I think its true for light in general, you can't appreciate the light with out the shadows or darkness that surrounds it. When it comes to photography lighting, there's a lot of circumstantial factors that play on the outcome of an image. There's indoor lighting and outdoor lighting. I'm Very much interested in the different lighting effects of stage lighting, and whether my lighting knowledge in photography would come in handy. Time will tell :).


No comments:

Post a Comment