Friday, April 28, 2017

Car lights

On Monday I had to take my own car into the shop to get some work done so borrowed someone's cars for that one day.  Driving at night, obviously you put your head lights on, which, when turned on, also lights up other details on the inside of your car as far as the gear shifts, where your ac and heater are, and the screen above/behind your steering wheel that has the meters for hot your car is, how much gas you have, and how fast you're going.  Driving home, I noticed that the little lights on that screen in my mom's car were blue.  The lights in my own car are white.  I don't know why, but those little blue lights are what made me conscious of the fact I was driving a different car. I did not think about it during the day; I was just driving.  Noticing the different little blue lights below is what gave the car its own different vibe.  It made me reflect on how changing the colors on even the tiniest details can leave someone with a different effect.  A car is a car.  If you're focused on the road, it shouldn't matter if you're driving a honda or a nissan, they all work generally the same.  They are vehicles to transport you and generally operate all the same.  I thought is was funny how it was just the tiniest hints of blue on a screen that is universal that made me conscious that I was in something unfamiliar.

No comments:

Post a Comment