Friday, April 14, 2017

Lighting Journal 1

After everything we've been learning in class these past couple of weeks, I've found myself paying more and more attention to random light objects, street lights in particular. I commute to and from Newport Beach everyday and drive the same route twice a day, every day; 55 to the 73 to University and back again. I normally space out a little bit on this drive (dangerous, I know), and normally the only lights I look at are the brake lights of cars in front of me. I've recently started paying more attention to the street lights that line the freeway on my commute back home every night, and have been studying the hue of the different lights. I've noticed that some are brighter, and seem to have a white-blue tint as we have been discussing, while others are warmer, more orange and slightly duller. I've also been notice the shape of the different street lights (when I'm at red lights, not whilst driving, I promise) and how the lamps on those that have an orange tint to them are also wider, while the blue tinted lights are smaller and narrower.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how you start to notice things after you get familiar with them.

    ReplyDelete