Thursday, April 13, 2017

Skies For Forever

About a month ago, I flew home to the Bay Area to see some friends in a show. I always enjoy taking a window seat so when I saw one available, I jumped at the chance and got comfortable for my hour and twenty minute flight. In the past, I have flown out of Irvine early in the morning, typically, 7 am. This flight left at 5 pm, so the view from my window seat was slightly different. Gazing out my window, I noticed the beauty of what I was flying through and caught the moment on camera. I found this photo recently and, with my new found knowledge and respect for lighting, I examined it through a different perspective. The sun is working its way to sunset, but it's not quite there. The cool colors of midday and dusk still linger above the clouds. In the picture, there is a reflection of a rainbow; it is hard to tell whether it is from the camera or the window, but it was a gorgeous surprise and adds a gorgeous hue, and possibly a presence, to the photo. Some people find the act of traveling taxing or draining, or prefer to sleep the whole trip. However, I find taking in the natural beauty around us makes it more enjoyable, and makes you appreciate the beautiful world we live in.

1 comment: