Friday, April 14, 2017

A Starry Night in the Theatre



I am currently working on a production at South Coast Rep and as I was sitting in tech this past week on a break, I looked up to see a bunch of little lights shining down on me. The lighting designer and team were working on some changes so the stage was dark, but the house lights were on. This made it look like there was a blanket of stars above us. I was quite mesmerized, and am quite a fan of lights anyway, so my first thought was to grab my phone and take a picture. I had no idea it was going to come out like this. In this photo, my camera obviously caught the power of the larger lights that were placed in between the rows of the smaller lights and were able to capture these big rays of light that are intensely beautiful. I find it so interesting that my camera was able to capture this detail in these other lights while my eye was drawn to the little lights that looked like stars. Quite fascinating.

1 comment:

  1. I find it frustrating when I try to capture a moment in time, with my phone camera. I find that the camera does not do it justice. When I look at a starry night, it makes me feel small and humble, it serves as a reminder to myself that all is well. When I try to capture that moment, I simply cannot. It is something that one has to experience for themselves and simply be present in that particular point in time. Light does invoke emotion, in a way that I have not necessarily paid attention to in the past. Now, I realize and see that light does make a difference in our lives both physically and emotionally. All we have to do is enjoy the beauty of it.

    ReplyDelete