Sunday, May 28, 2017

Urban Light in LA

Now, normally I wouldn't notice the lighting properties that this art exhibit shows even though it is entirely based on lights, but my recent visit to the Urban Lights in downtown LA yielding a few more interesting fruits. I started to notice that there was a definite sweet spot where the light would hit one best if they stood under it. That may be a little more on the obvious side, but what I also found interesting were the actual instruments used. Thought the lamps at the top seem to be very bright with a harsh bright light, it doesn't wash everything out as much as I would expect it to. By the time it hits the ground, we still have that fresh, crisp white light, but the cement on which it lands on makes the light appear to have a slight warm quality. It has shown me that consideration of the ground or set beneath a light is very important to its overall tone and feel. Also please excuse the soon to come influx of blog posts, they need to be caught up on. - Matt Dinu

No comments:

Post a Comment