Sunday, May 14, 2017

Babe Cave

This weekend, I put up a cabaret/soul-sharing show in Studio 4 with three of my close friends. We decorated the studio to create a homey and comfortable environment. We had tapestries, lanterns, inspirational quotes, succulents, and a whole lot of love. When we were all set up, we turned on the lights and a whole string was out with the exception of one light. I was immediately drawn to it, not because the light was the only one on the string that was working, but because it managed to cast a light on a framed illustration that said "Babe Cave." The light reminded me of a single light source, like a flashlight or lantern. It reminded me of the picturization exercise and creating something with the inspiration of the picture and not necessarily the picture itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment