Friday, May 12, 2017




Ricky Martin
To begin with yes, I did choose this picture because it is Ricky Martin.  For those of you who do not know who this man is, he is a Puerto Rican singer.  For this particular blog, I decided to go with what lighting is used for the most in my opinion.  When I think of lighting I think about photoshoots and how the lighting must be placed in order to accommodate the model.  In this picture, the medium bright light, is utilized to focus in on his face and features.  The lighting is also coming in from an angle, where it does cast warm shadows on his face, but as an undertone to emphasize his features, instead of creating atmosphere.  The lighting on the background where the brick wall can be seen, the light is much less intense and kept to a minimal, to allow the audience to focus in on hi face, rather than the background.  His black shirt also compliments the lighting because it allows for the light to fall softly on him and create a warm limelight on his face.  Lighting is used for a lot of things, but I always thought of lighting as a tool for photo shoots.




No comments:

Post a Comment