Saturday, May 13, 2017

Light and Mood

There were several days earlier this week that were pretty dreary. The sky was gray, the clouds were full and heavy, and very little sunlight could be seen. Later in the week the sun shone brightly and the skies were clear and blue.  I noticed how this shift in daylight changed my mood. On the days that were gloomy I felt a bit more introspective and calm that while the bright, sunny days made me feel very energetic and jovial. It is interesting how something like lighting can so drastically affect mood. I remember my mom (originally from SoCal) telling me that when she lived in Berkeley for a few years it was often overcast and dreary. She realized how much it affected her mood after coming back to the sunshine and warmth. I can see how this idea could translate indoor lighting in restaurants or theaters to set the mood of the atmosphere.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment