Sunday, May 21, 2017

Concert Lighting

I was looking through some concert photos on my computer (not the best quality but oh well...) and I was struck by the change in mood you get just by comparing two photos by its lighting. Thinking back on the concert, I remember vividly the ambiance and mood of the room from the two photos; the first was towards the start of the show, and there was excitement and giddiness in the air both from the band and the crowd. In the second photo, the band was playing a new song from their album that's in the works; there was an almost unnatural and mysterious mood set by the all-surrounding green light that came from the lighting fixtures above and behind the band. With each different song there were completely different lights and gels being used, it's crazy to think it was the same concert. I remember that night being filled with a varying of emotions and I am realizing now it was due to the contrasting lighting cues in each song.

No comments:

Post a Comment