Saturday, May 27, 2017

My Name In Lights

I find it interesting and amazing  how light can evoke emotions in people. Even simple lighting. I've been noticing this a lot when we talk about the emotional effects of warm and cool light in class. For example, the normal light in my room in my apartment is pretty stereotypical/standard bedroom lighting in my opinion; it's bright, but I feel like the coloring is on the cooler side rather than the warmer side. It makes me feel pretty neutral/monotonous if that makes sense. However, I have these light up letters that I like to turn on sometimes and they give off a warmer glow to me and it just makes me feel better. It provokes more of a hopeful tone and openness. They're also a symbol of the stereotypical "having your name in lights" since I'm trying to be an actress. I also just think that they look cool to be honest. When I have the letters on by themselves, they cast a nice glow and shadows about the room. I think this makes my room feel bigger too rather than having the bright ceiling light on. The pictures do not show what the light actually looks like in person at all, but I thought I would include them anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment