Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Lighting's Affect on Energy

I was sitting in a film screening earlier  this week and realized how much lighting can change our energy. It was early afternoon, so walking towards the screening room it was very bright and sunny. Even though I was a bit tired, the daylight gave me an extra boost of energy . In  the screening room, the lighting was very warm but slightly dim and more diffused. I felt this brought a more calming atmosphere. Once the film began, the lights fully dimmed and you could feel the energy in the room decrease drastically over time. It was as though the lack of lighting simulated nighttime which caused people's energy to shift. What surprised me most is after exiting the room and going back into the sunlight, everyone seemed rejuvenated and lively again. Observing this allowed me to see the power of lighting in shifting our energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment