Sunday, May 28, 2017

Madame Tussaud's - Hollywood

When your tourist friends come begging for you to take them somewhere and you can't be bothered, look no further than the wax celebrities at Madame Tussaud's in Hollywood. You'll find sculptures of so many different people, even an unnamed president most people don't like, but what I found especially interesting was the Django Unchained wax sculpture. The lighting on this specific sculpture was with just one angled top light that was shuttered to basically only illuminate him, the background, and less than a foot in to the right or left of it. Upon looking at the picture I took, I noticed that I was very well lit despite being the same distance from him as my friend who was behind him. It showed me that having a very tight, solo light can make a side by shot not work as well as 3D shot that showcases depth. -Matt Dinu

No comments:

Post a Comment