Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Lightbulb differentiation

At my parent's house, my bedroom is a mirror of my sister's.  Our doors are right next to each other's and her room is shaped exactly like mines, but flipped.  Despite the rooms being so similar, at a family gathering I noticed relatives gravitating towards her room to make small talk and avoiding mines altogether.  I go into a discussion with my sister about our bedrooms and I realized that, even further than the styles being different, the lighting in our room plays a significant role in our rooms' perception.  Her room's window hits a side of our house where more sunlight comes in whereas outside my own window there is a tree and behind that tree is a wall, so as far as a natural light, my sister's room exceeds that.  In addition, I noticed that we use different light bulbs.  I use whiter light, and she uses warmer, yellow toned light bulbs.  Our floor is light colored and reflects off the light bulbs' light which ends up shading our whole room.  It is unsure if her room's style is more welcoming, but it has definitely been concluded her room is a warmer reflection of my own room.

No comments:

Post a Comment